Keep Up with the Latest Trends & Share What Your Kids Are Doing in Your Classroom
- This Month at DE: December December 1, 2023Dive into December with resources from Discovery Education to honor December holidays, explore digital citizenship, and keep students engaged as you head toward winter break! Pop of Professional Learning What’s New Trending Topics Magic Moment Pop of Professional Learning How do you explain the mitochondria to someone who doesn’t speak English? DEN STAR and Pennsylvania […]Rachel Anzalone
- Helping Students Master New Content and the English Language November 28, 2023How Do You Explain the Mitochondria to Someone Who Doesn’t Speak English? I often joke that one of the first vocabulary terms I teach my students anymore is the word, “no.” As a biology teacher, there are a myriad of words and phrases my students need to know to understand the course content. My true […]Sean O'Brien
- Gathering Time for Gratitude November 15, 2023The hustle and bustle of the school year makes it easy to feel short on time and even shorter on energy! Taking a moment to pause and reflect on what you’re grateful for in your personal and work life can help you center your energy where it matters. The Discovery Education team asked members of […]Rachel Anzalone
- SOS Top 10: Global Citizenship November 9, 2023The world is changing at lightning speed, and it’s important for young people to be informed and empowered as they prepare to make their marks on our society. Students can become thoughtful global citizens by practicing investigation, understanding, and communication in the classroom before they take these skills into real-world situations. To help you inspire […]DE Staff
- Connecting Cross-Curricular Content through STEM Projects November 3, 2023A 2018 study by the International Journal of STEM Education found that when students had the opportunity to participate in STEM activities, they were engrossed in the learning and inspired to think about potential real-world applications for the concepts they explored. Encouraging students to research topics, apply critical thinking skills, and generate solutions to real-world problems […]Mindy Kernahan
Share Your Strategies
We Want to See What is Working For Your Students!
Mention @FalconEdTech in your tweets and use #clsdITS. This can help us promote and keep a list of all the cool stuff we see!
Give shoutouts to our fellow Falcons with Likes and Retweets!
Create a public board! Invite fellow teachers to join your boards and collaborate!
Share a link to your boards via Twitter or as a post in the Padlet below!