Please follow the instructions below for using the Bulk Edit Functionality in Schoology. This feature can save you a ton of time in making changes to multiple materials at the same time without needing to go into each one separately.
1 Go into your course you want to edit (If you have your sections linked together you can adjust settings as needed as well for individual class periods within the Bulk Edit).
2. Click on the light blue Materials Drop-Down Button.
3. Choose any material that potentially would require grading (even if you don’t plan to grade within Schoology – ie, Assignments, Assessments, Discussions, etc)
4. Choose the Options Button at the top of the course. Then choose Bulk Edit. Note – If you skip steps 2 and 3, you will not see the option for Bulk Edit.
5. You will get a screen that looks like the one below with all your course materials available to quickly change settings. You can change the following:
- Due Date (for each period if linked)
- Grading Scale/Rubric
- Grading Category
- Grading Period
- Visibility/Submission Settings
6. Be sure to scroll to the bottom and click Save to save all of your changes!
A couple other features that can come in handy are the abilities to shift all due dates forward or back one day at a time (in case of a snow day or changes to your instructional plans) and the ability to jump from one course to another to Bulk Edit. Look for these icons in the top right corner of the screen: