Parents have the ability to access student courses in Schoology. Essentially parents would need to get a code from the teacher, and then create a parent account in Schoology. The steps below outline what you need to do as the teacher and what parents need to do to gain access to their student’s courses.
Part 1: Getting the Parent Access Codes as a Teacher
- Go into your course. Select Members on the left side of the screen.
- On the right-hand side, click the link to get Parent Access Codes. You will then be prompted to download a spreadsheet with all parent codes for your classes.
- Determine how you will get the parent code to the parents. There are two options:
- Physically copy/paste or write down individual codes to give to parents in a note or email.
- Complete a mail merge to automatically create a printout of the parent codes.
Part 2: Signing Up as a Parent in Schoology
- Go to https://www.schoology.com
- Click Sign Up in the top right corner.
- Click Parent.
- Enter the Child Code given from your student’s teacher.
- Enter an email and password you would like to use. Follow the remaining instructions for creating your account.
Note: There may be an account automatically generated for you as a parent already. If this is the case, you will get a message saying that your account already exists with your email. Please go through the steps of forgetting/resetting your password to gain access to your account.
Additional Children: If you have more than one child in the district, you can add those children to your account by following the steps below:
- Log into your account at https://www.schoology.com.
- Click the dropdown next to your name in the top right corner of the screen.
- Choose the option to Add a Child.
- Enter the Child Code for your child, provided from their teacher.