Planning for next school year’s Falcon Flex professional development is underway! As a reminder, the deadline for applications to present a Falcon Flex session is April 29th at midnight.
The application deadline for Falcon Flex sessions is Friday, April 29, 2022.
As a faculty member, you can apply to present a Falcon Flex session to count towards your Falcon Flex hours. To apply to facilitate a Falcon Flex session, complete the following steps:
Step 1: Navigate to Falcon World
- Your username is your CLSD account name. (ie. “jmurray”)
- Your password is your Microsoft account password – the same password you use to log into your computer, email, etc.
- After logging in to Falcon World, choose Falcon Flex Kingdom from the left-hand navigation.
- From inside the Falcon Flex Kingdom, choose Be a Presenter.
Step 2: Reteach or New?
- Start your application by choosing whether you want to present a session (either one you’ve taught before, or submitting a new offering) or attend a session outside of the school district.
- Presenters can facilitate up to two (2) three-hour sessions or one (1) six-hour session.
- As a presenter, you will earn one and half times the hours for each session you host towards your Falcon Flex obligation. Additionally, the first time you host a session you will receive four times the hours for PDE Act-48 hour credit.
Step 3: New Session Application
- Complete the application as thoroughly as possible. Incomplete forms will not be accepted.
- You can present a maximum of 2 sessions of the same event per year.
- If you choose to present 2 sessions, please check the box next to “Will you present a second session this year?” at the end of the application.
- You are responsible for gaining permission for the location that you intend to use for the date and time that you specify.
- You may have one co-presenter, but it is not necessary.
- The District is not responsible for fees associated with or incurred for this session/request.
The Falcon Flex Professional Learning committee will evaluate applications and you’ll receive an email notification whether your session application was accepted or not. If your application is accepted, your session will appear in the Professional Learning Catalog in Falcon Flex Kingdom, which will be published and available starting May 1st at midnight.