A huge advantage to your new Teams phone is just how simplified the process of calling has become. No more hitting “9” to reach an outside line. No more long-distance PIN codes.
Here is how you make various types of calls from a Teams phone:
Making an Internal Call
- To call a colleague, room, office, etc. you can either look them up in the phone’s directory by name, or …
- Dial their 10-digit phone number.
- Note: 4-digit extension dialing no longer works.
Making a Local Call
Enter the full phone number, including area code. (ie. XXX-XXX-XXXX)
- 🚩 Note: Local phone numbers must have the area code included to complete the call.
Making a Long-distance Call
Just like a local call, simply enter the full phone number, including area code. (ie. XXX-XXX-XXXX)
- 🚩 Note: A PIN code is no longer required to make long-distance calls.
Making an Emergency Call
Simply dial 9-1-1.
- 🚩 Note: If emergency services get dialed accidentally, do not hang up! Stay on the line until an operator answers and explain the situation.